Flipster is a next-generation magazine service that allows patrons to browse digital versions of the latest issues of popular magazines the Library subscribes to. You can access content on your computer. Magazines can be downloaded to Android phones and tablets, Apple phones and tablets, and Kindle Fire tablets for offline reading anytime, anywhere through the Flipster App.
- Magazines can be streamed online.
- May also download either in entirety or in parts (We recommend only the sections you want due to the size of the files).
- Access past and present issues of magazines with no due dates.
Borrowing Limit: Unlimited online access/PDF downloads.
Magazine Lending Period: No return necessary.
What do I need to access Flipster?
To access Flipster, you must have a valid Bartlett Public Library District Card. You will need your barcode and password. Unless you changed it, your password is a default we set for you. It’s a 4-digit PIN, based on your birthday. It’s the two numbers of your birth month, and the LAST two digits of your birth year. So if you were born in April of 1973, your password would be 0473.
If you are using a smartphone or tablet, you can download the Flipster App for easier access. You will need your library card number.
How do I access and use Flipster?
ACCESS FROM THE LIBRARY
At the bottom of the www.bartlettlibrary.org homepage, under 24/7 eLIBRARY, click Flipster (eMagazines) > Periodicals & Newspaper >> Flipster (eMagazines).
ACCESS FROM HOME
- At the bottom of the www.bartlettlibrary.org homepage, under 24/7 eLIBRARY, click Flipster (eMagazines).
- Click Periodical & Newspapers from the list of eSource Categories.
- Click Login required – click here next to Flipster on the list of eSource Targets.
- Enter your username or barcode & password and click Log In.
- Click Flipster from the list of eSource Targets.
Username or Barcode: 14-digit library card number.
Password: 4-digit MMYY birthdate.
HOW TO READ A MAGAZINE
- Use the search bar at the top of the page to find a specific title, or click one of the many Categories listed in the left-hand sidebar to browse for a desired title. Click on a cover to open the latest issue.
- If you would like to read a past issue, hover over All Issues in the right-hand sidebar to find & click on the issue you would prefer.
HOW TO PRINT A MAGAZINE
- With your desired magazine issue opened, hover over Print in the right-hand sidebar and click Print pages in view, or Print all pages.
- Check your settings and click Print to follow through with the print job.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD A MAGAZINE
- With your desired magazine issue opened, hover over Print in the right-hand sidebar and click a printing option that correlates with what you want to download (Print pages in view, or Print all pages).
- Click Cancel on the print dialogue screen.
- Click the download icon on the title’s option bar.
- Choose a location for the file and complete the download by clicking Save.